Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

change color of library items

I'm a little confused as to the purpose of the color wheel. On hover it states: "choose the color to draw this element." I added an arrow from the library and tried changing the color of the arrow using this tool but it does nothing but change the color of the tip of the marker. Bug? Operator error?

Quoting a previous answer by Jon Air:

"The colour of the image will not change on an element unless you change the style to "Outline" or "Solid" - depending on which effect you want.

Note that the pen will only change colour if you are using the default pen."

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Michael, just to add on Mike's comments.

As a Pro user, you can export SVG's from the canvas so you can edit them in third party software such as Adobe illustrator or InkScape.

You can then change the colour of the image using these programs and import the SVG image back in.

Thanks, Joe

I've got a trial account. When I import a color library item the pen draws an outline in black then the full color image appears. When I imported one of my own color (png) images, the pen draws in color, not black. It's set in outline mode and the pen color selection has no effect.

Hi Jay, the images in our library are SVG images which are created in a way that allows VideoScribe to draw them the way you describe.

When you import a Jpeg or PNG, VideoScribe will try and trace the image.
Because the information stored on an SVG file dictates how the image is drawn, they work differently.

You can convert a Jpeg/PNG to SVG  using software such as InkScape and Adobe Illustrator.

This video will help you get started if you want to do this - http://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/articles/1000033754

Thanks, Joe

hi together - I need help

I would like to change the color of an image out of the sparkle library in inkscape as it is said here and than give it back into VideoScribe

But how do I export the image? I´ve tried it via drag´n drop and apple c/v, but this does´t work. I tried to import it in inkscape itself, but the image can not be found. Both programs can´t see each other. What is the trick? 

kr sue

Hi Susan

To export the image:

-first place it on the canvas

-then right-click and choose 'export to SVG'

I just did my Pro Subscription today. I am getting many images in black and white. How to make them colorful? Is there no option within VideoScribe.

Hi Ishaq,

Are you using images from the VideoScribe image library, or are you importing your own images? If you are importing your own, are they SVG, PNG or JPG images?

Hi Matthew,

I am talking about the VideoScribe Image Library. They are mostly black and white, with too less color.

The PNG files I am uploading of my own, seems to be working fine. I saw somewhere that they are suggesting to convert to SVG and then use. But, what is the issue with PNG, I dont seem to understand, may be because I am new.

Kindly answer both.

Many Thanks,

Ishaq.

You can change the colour of the outlines of the library images. To do this, go into the image properties and change the display to 'outline' then click on the colour changer to pick a new colour. See the attached screenshot.

You can use PNG images, that's not problem. You won't be able to change the colour of a PNG image you have imported but you can edit the colours before you import into VideoScribe. See Import images.

Thank you Matthew for your answer. I could change the outline only, with the above method.
How do I fill the inside with some color. It is too white without the body color. The body color would actually makes it colorful. Also, we find a very limited shapes. Atleast the most regular used shapes with both outline as well as body color would make my scribe very attractive. Plz let me know where can I find them.

Many Thanks.

You can export an image from VideoScribe as an SVG image by right clicking on it when it's on the canvas and selecting 'Export to SVG' from the menu. You can then edit the image in an SVG editor such as Inkscape (free) and import back into VideoScribe.

Login to post a comment