Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Changing hands or adding custom hands

QUESTION: How do I change hands in videoscribe. Can I add my own custom hands?

ANSWERS:

(Keep in mind that it is possible to choose the hand for your whole scribe or you can choose the hand just to draw one element)

TO CHANGE ALL OF THE HANDS IN YOUR SCRIBE:

so make sure you are clicking the gear icon at the top of the screen if you want to change the hand for the whole scribe, OR if you are adding your own custom hand images)

When changing to a different hand in the hands menu,  Do NOT click the ADD button. (The add button is for uploading your own custom images.)

Simply double-click the hand you want to select. If a regular double-click does not work, then click your new hand selection once, then wait a few seconds and click it again. After the second click, the window should close and your new hand should be selected.

TO CHANGE A HAND FOR ONE ELEMENT IN YOUR SCRIBE:

Click the thumbnail image for your element in the timeline at the bottom of the screen (one click will select the element, another click will open the options menu)

Then click the hand icon to open the hands menu and double-click the hand you want.

(NOTE: There have been reports that adding CUSTOM hands will not work if you try to do it from the options menu of an element in the timeline. Use the gear icon at the TOP of the videoscribe screen to perform that action)

(This answer was written for VideoScribe version 1.3.26, but may also apply to other versions.)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

For further advice on using different hands can be found here

Good day. I have a problem with the hands, before I was able to pick any hand I want but right now I only have a few hands:

This tutorial says to find a the "gear icon" but as you can see, I don't have it.

What can I do? 

Hi,

The tutorial above is for version 1 of videoscribe. You are using version 2.

Click the INSTANT ANSWERS link at the top of this page to view current tips and guides.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment