Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Camera setting tips

QUESTION: How can I better control the movement of the camera or prevent the camera from zooming in or out when I don't want it to? (updated to describe version 1.3.26 AND 2.0/newer)

ANSWERS:

summary: click "set camera" IMMEDIATELY after importing each element before clicking or doing anything else... then adjust as desired.

STEP 1) VERSION 2.0: When you add a new element (image or text) it will appear on your canvas already selected in a  reddish rectangle.  (and the thumbnail image of the element will be highlighted in blue in the thumbnail tray at the bottom of the screen) but the camera will not zoom in or out if you don't click anything yet.

VERSION 1.3.26: When you add a new element (image or text) it will appear on your canvas already selected in a rectangle with blue squares at the corners (and the thumbnail image of the element will have a green border around it in the timeline at the bottom of the screen) but the camera will not zoom in or out if you don't click anything yet.

step 2) VERSION 2.0: If you click an already selected element in the timeline at the bottom of the screen, the camera will automatically zoom in to the default position for that element (generally this means the camera will zoom in until the height of the element fills about 70% of the canvas height). So if you don't want it to zoom in, don't click an element that is currently selected until AFTER you have set the camera to where you want it. (see next step)

VERSION 1.3.26: If you click an already selected element in the timeline at the bottom of the screen, the camera will automatically zoom in to the default position for that element (generally this means the camera will zoom in until the height of the element fills about 70% of the canvas height). So if you don't want it to zoom in, don't click an element that is currently selected until AFTER you have set the camera to where you want it. (see step 3)

step 3) VERSION 2.0: When you add new element (image or text) and the element is still selected, click the"set camera" icon:

you can then manually zoom in or out (using the plus and minus icons in the lower left corner of the canvas ) or scale the element or move the element by click+dragging it, or move the camera by dragging the canvas. If you change the camera position or zoom in or out, be sure to click "set camera" again if you wish to save the new position.

VERSION 1.3.26
: When you add new element (image or text) and the element is selected, click the camera icon and "set camera":

you can then manually zoom in or out (using the plus and minus icons in videoscribe) or scale the element or move the element or the camera. If you change the camera position or zoom in or out, be sure to click "set camera" again to save the changes.

step 4) BOTH VERSIONS: After you set the camera for that element, any time you select and click that element in the timeline the camera will now move to the position that you have set instead of just zooming in to the original default position.

step 5) BOTH VERSIONS: repeat the process for each element that you add if you wish to control their camera positions.

VERSION 2.0: check out the tutorial videos for more info:
Version 2.0/newer tutorials

VERSION 1.3.26: This youtube tutorial also deals with camera movement at about the 3:30 minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqLKIMvmfFU

-Mike (videoscribe user)

For the instant answer relating to this forum post, please see - http://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/articles/1000033728-use

It's a pity that the VIEW camera is not among the options in v. 2.0!!! it is really annoying because I cannot adjust the rest of my images to the previous ones... can you please get the VIEW camera back from previous version into the 2.0?

Hi Paulina,

click any element's thumbnail twice in the thumbnail tray at the bottom of the screen to view the current camera position for that element

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Just to say - This is the most frustrating software I've ever used!

The above comments and solutions don't work.  You add an element to the canvas, it's selected as default, DON'T TOUCH IT - Set the camera. Play the animation..and to finish - Yes, It zooms into the element to fit the screen.  I've spent 3 hours trying to stop this from happening...

Got any suggestions?

Hi Mike L,
The topic originally pertained to version 1.3.26 of videoscribe. I have now added instructions for version 2.0/newer as well.

I've also posted a suggestion that when we import an image, the default camera position should be automatically set to stay exactly where it currently is, instead of moving unexpectedly later. If you like that idea, you can click "LIKE" in the following thread: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000030398

and maybe sparkol will implement it in the future.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Mike L. 

Sorry you're having issues with the camera.

Wondering if you have had an opportunity to watch the tutorials for version 2.0?

http://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/folders/1000157449

We also have some work sheets which compliment the videos which you can download from the link below:

Worksheet PDF

Thanks, Joe

Login to post a comment