Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Save scribe to a portable file for sharing or emailing?

QUESTION: Can I save a scribe to a portable file that can be shared or emailed?

ANSWERS:

You can use this method to export scribe files in a format that can be imported into another videoscribe account. They can also be emailed or transferred over an office network if necessary:
1) Sign in to your videoscribe account, Close the scribe if it is open.

2) Right-click the thumbnail for the scribe and choose "export to file" . You will be given the option to choose where it is saved on your computer. The file name will be a filename of your choice followed by the file type ".scribe"

3) (if you wish to open the scribe on a different computer, transfer the scribe file to the computer on which it will be used)

4) You or another person can then sign in to the other account (which has different login information) then you can import the scribe:

this export-import method will also cause videoscribe to identify and remove any damaged or otherwise faulty elements in the scribe.

(This answer was written for VideoScribe version 1.3.26, but may also apply to other versions.)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

did this, and then when I imported the scribe into another computer, the entire scribe froze and I wasn't able to do anything with it. Help!!!!!

Hi Debbie,
If you create a new question thread, describe the symptom, save a copy of the scribe online and tell support the name of it, they can probably tell you specifically what the problem is.

Or you can attach the scribe file here and one of us members may be able to look at it for you

If you want to diagnose it yourself, here is a thread that discusses the most common causes of freezes crashes and slowdowns (problems with images and camera settings ): http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000023738

-Mike (videoscribe user)

I'm a student and am trying to make this presentation but its not getting saved, neither as .wmv file or .pptx. Could you please sort this problem out. I need it as .wmv file. Please help!

Hi Priya,
this thread is about exporting a scribe work file. It is not about rendering video to wmv or pptx. You may want to start your own thread or consult the known bugs topic in instant answers:

http://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/articles/1000086075-videoscribe-2-0-known-bugs

(the problem with wmv and pptx is a known bug)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hey there, so I did my videoscribe and I need for school but Im having a problem with it, when I exported it, it is on my desktop but its not playing, its telling me that I can't access it because i have windows

(NOTE: this thread was started in 2014 so the screenshots are from videoscribe version 1.x.x. Newer versions of videoscribe look somewhat different.)

.scribe files are editable project files. They are not video files so they do not play like videos. They can only be opened in videoscribe.  Their purpose is to transfer editable videoscribe projects from one device to another, or to act as a saved backup copy.

If you are free user and you want to publish a video, you can publish a video to youtube, facebook or a powerpoint file.

Paying users can also publish MOV, AVI, and WMV videos, and render using the online renderer to the sho.co website. Sho.co videos can be downloaded in mp4 format.

To see your publishing options, open your scribe project in videoscribe and click the PUBLISH icon in the upper right corner.

You may also want to watch some of the tutorial videos on the INSTANT ANSWERS page if you need more instructions.

Hope that helps,
-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment